· To make quality the defining element in teaching and research through a combination of self and external quality evaluation.
· Stimulate an academic environment for promotion of quality teaching, learning and research. Besides, encourage use of technology for all round development of students.
· The Department of Chemistry, Gujarat University envisages providing state of the art education in the field of chemical sciences, to awaken the young minds and discover their flair and aptitude for the subject – both theoretically and practically.
· It also aims to produce graduates of national distinction committed to integrity, professionalism and lifelong learning by widening their knowledge horizons in range and depth.
· The Department also thoroughly attempts to chemically literate the society by introducing pioneering programs that enable students to set in tune with national standards while embracing the heritage and values of the department.
· Along with active academia the department also strives to encourage students in co-curricular activities and thereby provide a vibrant atmosphere.
· Research programs being another corner stone of the department, it envisages to create a knowledge platform that supports an inventive culture through visionary research, innovation, collaboration and scholarship.
· To increase our international visibility by continuing to publish our research work in top tier conferences and journals, while maintaining a focus on Indian context.
· Already being one of the top centers for post graduation and research in the state, the department aims to be among the top institutes in the nation in near future.
· The department perceives the possession of a modern structure to carry original, far-sighted and valuable contribution for society.