IQAC (Gujarat University)
IQAC (Gujarat University)
|Chairperson||Prof. (Dr.) H. A. Pandya
Vice - Chancellor
|(O) 079 - 26301919
(R) 079 - 26306219
Fax No : 079 - 26302654
|Pro - Vice - Chancellor||Dr. Jagdish Bhavsar||(O) 079 - 26301919
Fax No : 079 - 26308686
|Registrar||Dr. P.M.Patel(I/C)||(O) 079 - 26303762
Fax No : 079 - 26306194
079 - 26306194
|Director||Prof.(Dr.) P.N. Gajjar
Professor and Head
Department of Physics
|(O) 079 - 26301310
Fax No :
Internal Quality Assurance Cell, Gujarat University:
In pursuance of the National Action Plan of the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC), Bangalore, for performance evaluation, assessment and accreditation and quality up gradation of institutions of higher education, the NAAC proposes that every accredited institution should establish an Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) as a post - accreditation quality sustenance measure. Hence the Gujarat University has established its own Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) in 12 October 2007. Since quality enhancement is a continuous process, the IQAC will become a part of an institution’s system and work towards realizing the goals of quality enhancement and sustenance. The prime task of the IQAC is to develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic improvement in the performance of institutions. The IQAC will make a significant and meaningful contribution in the post - accreditation phase of institutions. During the post - accreditation period, the IQAC will channelize the efforts and measures of an institution towards academic excellence.
As per the guidelines of NAAC, IQAC, Gujarat University shall evolve mechanisms and procedures for:
- Ensuring timely, efficient and progressive performance of academic, Administrative and financial tasks
- The relevance and quality of academic and research programmes
- Equitable access to and affordability of academic programmes for various Sections of society
- Optimization and integration of modern methods of teaching and learning
- The credibility of evaluation procedures
- Ensuring the adequacy, maintenance and functioning of the support Structure and services
- Research sharing and networking with other institutions in India and abroad.
IQAC, Gujarat University will also try to follow the functions suggested by NAAC. Some of the functions expected of the IQAC are:
- Development and application of quality benchmarks / parameters for various academic and administrative activities of an institution
- Dissemination of information on various quality parameters of higher education
- Organization of workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles
- Documentation of the various programmes / activities leading to quality improvement
- Acting as a nodal agency of the institution for quality - related activities
- Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) to be submitted to NAAC based on the quality parameters.
IQAC, Gujarat University will facilitate / contribute :
- To a heightened level of clarity and focus in institutional functioning towards quality enhancement and facilitate internalization of the quality culture.
- To the enhancement and integration among the various activities of the institution and institutionalize many good practices.
- To provide a sound basis for decision making to improve institutional functioning.
- To act as a change agent in the institution.
- To better internal communication.
As per the guideline of NAAC, in 12 October 2007, the Gujarat University has constituted Internal Quality assurance Cell (IQAC) under the chairmanship of head of the institution (Hon. Vice Chancellor) with heads of important academic and administrative units, a few teachers and a few distinguished educationalists / representatives of local committee. The composition of the IQAC may be as follows:
- Chairperson: Head of the Institution
- A few senior administrative officers
- Three to eight teachers
- One or two members from the Management
- One / two nominees from local society
- One of the teachers as the coordinator of the IQAC.
Though NAAC suggests the composition, the institutions can customize it to suit their size and complexity. IQACs would facilitate better planning, coordinator and monitoring of various functions within an institution. It would also give the stakeholders an opportunity to participate in a cross - sectional functioning of the institution to promote quality enhancement initiatives and activities.
IQAC, Gujarat University has submitted its Annual Quality Assurance Report to NAAC: